Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First, A Little About Me

Howdy! I decided to start this blog so that I can share my love of cooking with the rest of the world. I did not always like to cook. I dreaded it. Having someone (my hubby) to appreciate it goes a LONG way. Kids can even cook some of the recipes I make.

I am a huge fan of 2 things: garlic and chocolate (not together, of course). Both should have their own food group.

I am more than ok with using alcohol, mostly beer or wine, when I cook. I try to have a bottle of red and a bottle of white available at all times for cooking. For those with children or who don't drink for whatever reason, the alcohol will generally cook out, leaving the flavor behind. If the cook would like to enjoy the beverage while cooking for quality control, that's up to you. Rule number one for using beer or wine in cooking: if you don't like the taste, don't cook with it.

For those who prefer the vegan lifestyle, my friend Yolanda Pugh will be "veganizing" recipes where possible. I am not a vegan, nor will I pretend to be one. I like meat.

So, tomorrow I shall begin sharing my wonderful world of cooking with a little friendly competition. I will be taking on the queen of the quick meal, Rachael Ray, with her Taco Pasta Toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment