Monday, May 16, 2011

Tostada Casserole, and Live in General

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has just gotten crazy. My now 3 year old daughter is still getting up during the night when her baby brother was getting up to nurse. So, now my nights are generally spent with her or with him (because he will wake up sometimes still too). It's like they have radar or something. One will get to sleep, then the other will wake up. Get the 2nd one back to sleep and the 1st one wakes up. Repeat. Repeat a few more times for good measure. If it says much, my 8 year old son looked at me the other day and said "Mom, we'll be ok. You need to go take a nap." Apparently I am now so sleep deprived that I have not only become a cranky bitch, but I look like I've been beaten up.

Anyway, after I posted on Facebook that I was making tostada casserole for dinner, it was requested that I post it here, then link over to it. So.....

This one is one of those "Mom-classics" from childhood. I can see why. Quick, easy, and kids will devour it. I can have this thing put together and ready for the oven in the time that it takes to preheat to 375. Added bonus of a little therapy at the end. This is probably in the top 5 of most requested meals by my kids.

So, here ya go. Tostada Casserole. I serve with Spanish rice.

1 bag Fritos (divided)
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own, but that will be another post)
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce (divided)
1 can refried beans
shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Brown the ground beef and drain. Stir in the taco seasoning mix and 1 1/2 c. of the tomato sauce. Mix the rest of the tomato sauce into the can of refried beans. Put enough fritos in the bottom of an 8 in. square pyrex to cover the bottom. Put your meat mixture over the chips as evenly as possible. Spread the refried beans over this. Cover with aluminim foil and bake for 20 min. Top with cheese and crushed fritos. Bake uncovered 5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment