Friday, April 23, 2010

Jen vs. Cooking Light

Ok, so my plans for a nice dinner tonight got nuked. Big time. So, we had a fend for yourself night. I grabbed a baggie of stuffed pepper soup from the freezer that I made while I was pregnant with Zac and put it over the leftover rice from last night.

It was AWESOME!!! This is one of those meals that you can never believe that it is "diet food". Of course I probably couldn't pay my kids to eat it, but right now, that's ok. More for me. It was easy enough to make that I did it while pregnant. I do not do elaborate meals while pregnant. It also freezes amazingly well.

So, here it is! Stuffed Green Pepper Soup (from Cooking Light Nov. 2004)

1/2 lb. ground beef
2 c. chopped green bell pepper (I used frozen, 1 bag)
1 c. chopped onion (I used frozen)
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 14 oz. can beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 10 3/4 oz. can condensed tomato soup
1 1/2 c. cooked white rice

Heat a small dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add beef, cook 3 minutes until browned, stirring to crumble. Add chopped bell pepper and onion, cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in black pepper, beef broth, tomatoes, and tomato soup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes. Serve over 1/4 c. cooked rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment