Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kidlet Cooking!

Lord help me, but today I turned over my kitchen to my 7 year old for the day. He is making pot roast for us in the crock pot for dinner this evening. It's very simple really, throw your roast into the crock pot with a packet of onion soup mix, can of cream of mushroom soup, and a cup of merlot for flavor. Turn on crock pot.

He will also be making smashed taters for us. This is where it will get interesting.

He is actually pretty good in the kitchen doing simple things. He can do pretty much anything in the microwave. I really only fix 1 meal a day for the kids (who are capable of fixing their own). Some may say I'm a horrible mama because I don't serve up every meal for them. I want them to be self-sufficient. I know that mamas are not allowed to get sick, however, it occasionally happens. I want to know that should I go down for the count, then they are able to take care of themselves. Even my almost 2 year old daughter is starting to select her own cereal in the mornings. Plus, they are not going to live with me forever. Eventually, they will grow up and move out. I don't want them to have to learn to fend for themselves on the fly.

Why do kids have to grow up so fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment